Mr Rental's Complaint Procedure
If you have a complaint about your contract or your dealings with us, you should contact us to see if your complaint can be resolved simply and quickly.
How do I lodge a complaint?
You can provide us with details of your complaint in any of the following ways:
- In person: by visiting the Mr Rental’s store where the goods were rented;
- By telephone: 1800 154 133
- By facsimile: (07) 3622 2800
- By email: email@example.com
- By letter to:
PO Box 281
Lutwyche, QLD, 4030
For New Zealand:
- By telephone: 0800 111 313
- By facsimile: (09) 579 8123
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By letter to:
PO Box 48121
Blockhouse Bay, Auckland, 0644
When contacting us, please advise if you require an interpreter or have any special needs.
We will endeavour to resolve your complaint by the end of the business day after the complaint is received.
What happens if my complaint is not resolved?
If your complaint is not resolved by the end of the business day after it is received then the complaint will be referred to the Mr Rental National Support Office for review and determination by the Business Coach or the Systems and Compliance Manager.
When will I receive the details of the outcome of my complaint?
Complaints will be addressed within 14 days of receipt by Mr Rental or where the complaint involves a default notice within 7 days.
We will notify you in writing both at the time the complaint is referred and once a determination of the complaint has been made. Where either financial or non-financial redress is offered shall be disclosed in the determination letter.
Mr Rental aims to settle all complaints fairly and promptly. Should your complaint could not be resolved in your favour, you will be provided with details of the basis upon which Mr Rental came to its decision and your rights regarding the decision.
What if I am not happy with the decision?
If your complaint has gone through the Mr Rental complaint procedure and has not been resolved to your satisfaction you have the right to take your complaint to an External Dispute Resolution (EDR) Scheme
Mr Rental store is a member of the Credit and Investments Ombudsman (CIO) which is an independent EDR Scheme approved by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission.
CIO can be contacted for Australian customers on:
- by telephone on 1800 138 422 (9.00am-5.00pm, Monday to Friday, Sydney time);
- by email to email@example.com; or
- by submitting your complaint online at www.cio.org.au./
- Each Mr Rental store has their CIO membership number which you can look up on the website above.